1. After the NESCO® Roaster Oven has cooled, remove Cover, Rack (if used) and Cookwell. Wash in warm sudsy water or place in the dishwasher. CAUTION–do not put Cover in the dishwasher.
2. Cooked-on food may be removed by using a non-abrasive cleaning pad and non-abrasive cleansers. Do not use abrasive cleaners or steel wool as porcelain enamel or non-stick finish may scratch. Use a plastic scrubbing pad to remove stains or cooked-on foods, and also to clean the steel Rack. HINT: To easily remove baked-on food residue, place Cookwell in Heatwell; then fill Cookwell with hot water. Cover and heat at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Turn off and allow to cool completely. Wash cookwell as directed above.
3. NEVER IMMERSE THE ROASTER OVEN IN WATER. To clean, wipe outside of Roaster Oven with a damp cloth and dry. Do not use abrasive cleansers on exterior surface.
4. PORCELAIN ENAMEL COOKWELL has a strong finish and provides easy cleaning and years of use. It will not stain and stays attractive, even when used often. However, it will chip if subjected to sharp blows or is mistreated. Water spots or mineral deposits (characterized by a white film on surface) may be removed with household vinegar or non-abrasive cleansers.
5. NON-STICK COOKWELL is made of durable carbon steel. In order to maintain the non-stick surface, the use of rubber, plastic or wooden utensils is recommended. Avoid cutting food in the cookwell. Use of a non-stick spray on the interior surface is optional. Avoid storing items in the Cookwell which may scratch the surface. When roasting or baking at high temperatures, you may notice an irregular band of discoloration around the sidewalls of the Cookwell. This discoloration is characteristic of the super tough, nonstick coating used on the interior of the Cookwell and in no way affects the performance or durability of the finish. With continued use, the discoloration will become less noticeable.