1. Place scale on flat, dry and stable surface.
2. Press ON/OFF button to turn ON the scale, LCD will flash “8888.8” and then to “0lb 0.0 oz.” when ready.
3. Press UNIT button to select unit of measure. Continue to press until desired measurement is shown on LCD.
4. Press TARE button to reset scale to zero, if needed.
5. Place item to be weighed in center of platform. LCD will accurately display weight. For using a tare weight, place empty container on platform and wait for measurement. Then press and release TARE button to reset scale to zero. Container weight will not be included. Note when using TARE function the container plus goods cannot exceed 11 lbs.
6. If the LCD shows “Err”, remove item and reduce amount to be weighed. This is an overload indication and may damage the scale if left in this condition.
7. If the LCD shows “Lo”, remove and replace batteries. This is a low battery indication and unit will stop working when batteries are low.
8. When finished, press and hold power button to turn off the scale or let it alone and the auto shutoff will turn the unit off after 2 minutes.