• PREHEAT ROASTER OVEN FOR 20 MINUTES.
• Roasting meat in your NESCO® Roaster Oven keeps it moist and tender.
• For additional browning, you can add 1 tbsp. browning sauce to oil and brush over skin before roasting.
• To sear meat: Preheat Roaster Oven at 450ºF. Add margarine. Cover, then sear meat for 10 to 15 minutes per side until lightly browned. Stir ground meat once. Time will vary depending on the quantity of meat. Alternative browning method for self-basting turkeys. Preheat at 400°F for 20 minutes. Roast bird for 1 hour at 400°F. Reduce heat to 350° using time in chart, 13 - 18 minutes per pound. During last hour of Roasting increase temperature
• Food may be placed in a cold or preheated Roaster Oven. Follow recipe directions for temperature settings.
• Cut-up meats and vegetables should be of uniform size pieces.
• Remember, little moisture escapes during cooking, so add additional liquid sparingly.
• Use the Rack for baking.
• Two loaf pans will fit into the Cookwell. A meat and vegetables or two loaves of bread, at the same time.
• Cover baking Rack with Aluminum foil and use a baking sheet; or use Baking sheet from accessory kit.
• Most 1 & 2 quart casserole dishes, 9 x 13 baking pans and pie plates will fit into the Cookwell. Place it on the Rack for better heat circulation while it bakes. Cover with Roaster Oven Lid.
• Many frozen foods, such as individual entrees or convenient foods can be baked in the Roaster Oven simply by following package directions. Place item on wire rack for best heat circulation while baking.
• No fat is used when steaming, so it’s an easy way to cook tasty and nutritious low-calorie foods.
• When slow cooking, heat is very gradual. This allows a very slow simmer, which is aided by keeping the Cover on and no stirring is necessary.
• To convert a standard recipe to slow cooking: for each 30 minutes required in a standard recipe, slow cook about 1-1/2 hours at 200ºF to 250ºF.
• When slow cooking meats and poultry, it is not necessary to use the Rack. The low temperature prevents the meat from sticking to the bottom of the Cookwell.
• Remember, little moisture escapes during slow cooking so add additional